Saturday, December 20, 2003

Time to pack for a 7am flight tomorrow. One of the things I'm bringing is my Sony VAIO laptop. For my allotted carry-on, I usually carry a shoulder bag with some bottled water, a soda, and a stack of Entertainment Weekly's (I don't even try to keep up with them anymore). But this time, it will be my awesome computer. You can be sure that this laptop will never leave my side the whole trip.

The VAIO comes with software to mix music, something I'd really like to get into more. And I also managed to get a copy of Microsoft Publisher, which I've had a great time playing with the in the last 24 hours. Geez, figuring all this stuff out... I feel like I'm back on the floor in front of my parents' TV figuring out my Atari 800XL! Now if I can just figure out how to load my creation here onto the blog. Succeed or fail, I'll post tonight after midnight since I'll be on the plane all day tomorrow.

If only I'd been born seven years later, I think I'd be a computer genius. I'm having a good time catching up.

A few more random thoughts...

- I've arranged to fly out of Burbank this time... or should I say Bob Hope Airport, as they call it now!

- Many people I know are REALLY SICK with the flu right now. There doesn't seem to be any "I'm fighting it" this year -- either you're down or you're not. I dread getting on the plane and into the recycled air. Maybe I should become one of those people who wear cloth masks on the plane...

- As the year end approaches, I can't help but be reflective about the past year and also anticipate what I'll do with myself in 2004. I guess as a storyteller, I tend to think in beginnings and endings. No plans for New Years Eve yet...

- My work office is right on the route for the big Pasadena Rose Parade and lots of employees bring their families and watch from the building roof or from our windows on the 3rd floor. It takes hours to wade through the chaos and get into position. I'm going to pass.

In case I don't get to post again, I wish all of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS. If there's no snow where you are, just watch the accumulation here on the page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home