Thursday, January 15, 2004


Left Coast Agenda

While reading George W's plan for Mars and the moon yesterday I started trying to figure out what his motivation could be for such an announcement.

Lucrative aerospace contracts to his Texas buddies? Courting space industry voters in Florida? Come on, George W. Bush: the space dreamer? I don't buy it. Suddenly I had to question myself... where was this paranoia coming from?

I'm a HUGE advocate of the manned space program (however misconceived it is). In fact, that was one of my comments when the War on Terror started and the debt skyrocketed, 'There goes the space program,' I said. Why am I so skeptical of a grand plan to revive it?

Maybe its because the budget surplus we had became the largest federal deficit in history practically overnight. Yeah, 480 billion dollars... let's go to Mars, shall we? Hey, why don't we guarantee every American free healthcare by 2110 too? But like Dick Cheney says, 'Reagan proved that deficits don't matter.'

Hey Dick, will you talk to Citibank about my credit card bill?

Not only do I not believe his plan will actually happen, I don't think Mr. Bush is sincere about it in the first place. I believe he has set up a plan which he knows someone else will axe.

As I marvelled at my own skepticism of our President, I realized that it's probably due to the fact that I haven't spouted my crazy Hollywood liberal values enough lately. No, no, I've been stuffing it far too much! We've had it confirmed that Bush had his invasion on the table from day one. Now it's quite clear that he and his buddies would have presented any half-truth they could find to be evidence in order to press their agenda.

Yes, yes, a terrible dictator has been removed from power. But, I for one don't like being lied to. Especially when our kids are over there dying every day.

I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, even if it's not mine. I just urge people not to blindly accept what our leaders are telling us.

To have a little fun while you learn, check out this site which posts winning political commercials submitted from amateurs all over the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home