Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Confuse a Provance'r


There used to be a Monty Python skit called Confuse-a-Cat. John Cleese or other members of the gang would show up at your house and perform a series of random acts with the sole purpose of shocking your cat out of his stupor. I can’t help but think of it as my cooperation with Provance continues.

Provance is a service that promotes blogs by getting people to come post at your site. Each day I’m assigned several blogs in the network which I must read and post on. Meanwhile, several other random folks are assigned to come visit here and comment as well. There’s just one problem…

99.9% of the Provance bloggers are teenage girls and I find myself stumbling to comment on ‘boring homework’, or how ‘cute Josh is.’ Last week I landed on some Puerto Rican guys blog and was so happy I fell outta my chair, got back in it and fell out again.

The poor Provance’rs come here and are similarly confused.

Where are this guy’s fanlistings? Who is Selma Jensen and why is she so angry? What’s a State of the Union Address?

Most of the Provancer’s assigned to come here don’t even post. I think they wrinkle their brows and hit the “back” button. Those who stay must struggle for something to say as much as I do.

‘Hope my hernia gets better’ indeed.

I welcome and encourage all visitors, including my Provance friends… even if we do look like two cautious dogs circling each other in a park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home