Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Internet Blues


Have you ever been in one of those phases where you think you're the only one coming up with the really good ideas? Lately I've been complaining about the internet and how some things just ought not be happening...

1) First, enough with the email worms! I receive at least two emails from strangers every day with those mysterious short messages. You know the kind. "I got it" or "Is this it?" or "You're the best."

They think they'll catch me in a weak moment and I'll be so caught by the blase nature... so accepting of the friendly brevity of the message that I'll open the attachment enclosed. Of course, the opposite is true and their email might as well scream:

WARNING!! DANGEROUS FILE ATTACHMENT ENCLOSED!! OPENING THIS FILE WILL CAUSE YOUR PC TO BECOME A DRONE DEDICATED TO THE PROLIFERATION OF POP UPS AND PENILE ENHANCEMENT DRUGS!!!

Do these morons have no idea their email accounts are being hijacked? I blame them, but shouldn't it be impossible to forge email from someone else? Email from a certain provider should ONLY be able to come from that provider/account. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to implement.

2) While I'm on the subject, I should be able to "BLOCK" email. Yes, Outlook Express has a block feature, but you're not really blocking it, it just gets filtered right into your Delete file.

I want to program Outlook so that it sees mail from a particular address on my server, then automatically bounces it back to the sender with a maze of codes and strings that can only translate as "The Receiver Has Refused Your Message."

3) Next up is job searching. I'm constantly trolling job sites. Careerbuilder and Monster are the two most known, and wouldn't ya know that marketers have found a way to break in there too!

I should not have to scroll through eight pages of "Work From Home Make More $$$!" identical job spam. I don't know if its vitamin supplements or some pyramid scheme, but after seeing just one of those, I should be able to click a button that says "Filter out this job" and make all those "jobs" disappear from my search.

Come on, computer geeks! Do I have to come up with everything? Am I the only non-moron visionary forward thinker?

So tonight I checked my email and found three "returned" pieces of mail. Odd... I never sent mail to these people!! Someone has hijacked my---!

Hey! Wha? Who--? Gaaah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home