Saturday, May 08, 2004

Promotional Fees Provided by...

After the last several months of upping my energies to get the heck out of my work situation, on Friday I got promoted to Associate Producer.

Excuse me a moment while I Whooooty-HOO!!!

Frankly, I would have shoveled turnips for them if they'd doubled my salary. I've officially jumped from 1992 money to my salary from 1995, BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!! Now maybe I can stop obsessing about my debt, accept lunch invitations and cease buying bulk cartons of "Acme Frozen Dinnerz" (sic).

I'll be AP on the upcoming Psychology series and will travel all over the country interviewing experts and getting footage for the program. And there will be a lot of travel. Actually, it sounds kind of fun to be an on-the-road blogger.

It's also a non-profit organization (ergo the 1990's salaries), which sounds very shady when you're used to corporate Hollywood.

I have no idea what kind of future this promotion will lead to, but I'm excited to take the job and look forward to the road ahead.