Sunday, June 20, 2004


Writers often have to worry about plagiarism, i.e. where did this idea come from? Are these my words or did I get them from somewhere else?

The internet is less restrictive. Copying from elsewhere is not only a compliment, it's encouraged for the sake of expanding the exchange of ideas. Two great examples landed before me today...

My friend Stu sent me this cool link called Black People Love Us. Stu describes it as "fall down funny, but achingly thought-provoking." I couldn't agree more.


And the next entry...

One sunny day in 2005 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Bush." The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides here." The old man said, "Okay" and walked away.

The following day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home