Sunday, July 25, 2004

Paradise Here I Come

 
On Tuesday I'm going to Hawaii for work.

I'll be stuck in a hotel room from 8am to 6:30pm conducting interviews so I won't get to see any of the sights.  I'll be pretty lucky to even put my foot in the water.  But that doesn't stop people at work from hating me. 

"Your first trip for the company and you're going to Hawaii?  I hate you!"

I can't count how many times people have said that to me.  Oh well, I'd probably hate me too.

The last two weeks have involved making phone calls to Honolulu and hearing the locals say "Aloha" and "Mahalo."  At first I thought it was just a put-on for us mainlanders, but I'm starting to think they actually talk that way! 

It's quite strange to hear those words when you're not in Hawaii.  Sort of like hearing someone say "namaste" outside of yoga class.

I predict photos... and pineapple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home