Monday, July 26, 2004

The Reason Studios Give Notes

 
As time has passed, I've given some thought to my review of the Donnie Darko Director's Cut... 

If this was Richard Kelly's true vision of the movie, he really layed it on thick and overexplained the plot, obliterating the reason it creates such lively discussions.  Good thing the studio had some input into the original cut.  This sort of backs up my theory that he stumbled backwards into making a film that was thought-provoking and really brilliant.

To make up for my blasphemous opinion, here is the link to Richard Kelly's new film, Southland Tales, still under construction.  The music is beautiful and haunting -- I've just been letting it play in the office while I'm working. 

Tomorrow... leaving on a jet plane...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home