Thursday, July 08, 2004

That Growing Edge


Tonight I've obliged myself to do stand-up at Marv & Mary's, a bar in LA with an open mic night.

I'm not an actor. I'm not a career comedian. I'm not out to play an angle or turn this into something else. I have no reason to do it other than to stretch that growing edge of human experience that puts fear and trepidation in my gut.

It's also an excuse to drink several beers earlier in the evening.

My friends Stu and John are already pitching me jokes!

"Everyone here familiar with Iraq? You know, the other day we handed the keys back to 'em. The only problem is, we're locked in."

And Stu sent this one...

"Well, Marlon Brando passed away, as you know. The funny thing is, at the funeral his casket was occupied by Sacheen Littlefeather."

HA! Beats the hell outta what I got...

I'm in trouble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home