Sunday, August 15, 2004

The Day I Went Legit


I’ve been using iMesh for the last couple of years and downloading whatever music I wanted. A long time ago I was able to justify it because I would usually buy a whole cd based on the download of one song. That got more difficult in the last couple years due to my massive debt. Just as well, most every song I downloaded recently was one of those that blanked out every ten seconds or so.

iMesh, like those other programs are dirty beasts. They plant all kinds of scumware and spyware on your computer and my 1998 desktop was plagued with pop ups and other problems.

Now, the hard drive on that comp gave out. Computer guy says recovery of my files will cost between $1500 and $3000! Bah!

No thanks, I’ll just start over. (I’ve lost all my addresses, so if you're reading this and know my codos address, please email me so I'll have your address)

But no more iMesh for me. My days of music piracy are over. Today I downloaded the iTunes downloader onto my laptop. Of course the song I was looking for by a group called Kasabian was not listed so I haven’t spent a cent yet.

But I’m aching to spend a buck on a great tune!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home