Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Mmm... phlegm


I've just returned from UC Irvine where we did three interviews for our psychology production. This included an interview with Elizabeth Loftus, easily a top female psychologist in the country for her work on debunking repressed memories. She was wonderful.

But I awoke this morning all sinusy, my voice gone and a terrible cough. Now Oggy and I are two peas in a pod (she continues to improve, by the way) laying in bed convalescing. Starve a cold and feed a fever, but what if you have both of them??

You can get over this, dude... Suddenly all the anecdotal home remedy advice I ever got floods back at me in a blended mash. Tons and tons of vitamin C tea with lemon and two aspirin bowl of chicken soup single piece of garlic swallowed whole zinc lozenges twice a day oscillococcinum under the tongue at bedtime Emergen-C packets and three words echinacea, echinacea, echinacea.

Wasn't this also the concoction to cure a hangover?

Hell, I'm starting to eye Oggy's refrigerated pink antibiotic. It looks like yummy Kool-aid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home