Sunday, October 03, 2004

Link of the Week Shakedown


It was Fan Appreciation Day at Dodger Stadium today with tons of fans, including myself, showing up to support the team after yesterday's victory.

Yeah, the fans showed up but where was the team?

The Dodgers got kicked around the block by the San Francisco Giants. Still, it was a beautiful day and an excellent time with good friends.

But the real challenging part of every Sunday is my quest to find a worthy Link of the Week. It's quite an ordeal, as you could imagine, as I must pour over the hundreds (err okay, like five) of randomly funny or weird links that I come across in my internet travels. In a complete departure from the norm, I've decided to show some of the submissions for this week's link, as well as explain here why they didn't make the cut.

First up is this Donald Trump's Dog. It's a nice chuckle, definitely something you'd send in an email to a friend. Problem is, it's just one photo -- a one-shot deal with no depth. Sorry -- doesn't make the cut!

Next up was the possibility of Cats Hate Bush. Pictures of cute kitties with captions expressing their anti-Bush sentiment. It's GOLD I tell you! Alas, though my politics are clear, I try to keep the Weekly Link non-partisan. So Cats Hate Bush is right out!

Link #3 is a keeper. It's the Apathetic Online Journal Entry Generator. I actually thought of joining Provance one more time just to bring as many 12 year-old teen bloggers as I could to this link. 'Course you'd have to take a hammer to their heads for them to get the joke. And that is the problem with this link -- it's too inside. Only bloggers, or people who frequent them, would think it's funny. So, no dice.

Finally, I found a link that I should probably use next week, but I'm going to go ahead and post it here. It's The Message Board for Tacklers Who are in the Process of Missing Dante Hall. This hysterical link supposes that the punter for the Kansas City Chiefs hosts a message board and invites his fellow NFL competitors to come in and post. Internet power corrupts!

But the narrow winner for this week is Toasted Pixel's Villains/Heroes Voter's Guide to the 2004 Election. With two debates in the next five days, what better way to cast your vote than by polling folks like Megatron, Gargamel and Spiderman!


It's geeky... it's timely... and it's funny: three great qualities for the LoTW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home