Monday, March 07, 2005

...that make you go "hmm"

I rarely link to other people's blogs, a practice I really need to change. But as a time-waster I found myself following a chain of links back to see just how far it went. First, here is what got my attention:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

I was compelled to do it, but didn't know the relevance. I know I'm way too analytical, but did this encapsulate the book in some way? If partnered with someone elses' page 123 would they form some coherent code?

I found this via Angel over on Temporary Sanity, who got it from Ian, who got it from Opus, who got it from Texas Biscuit, who does not remember where she got it from but has collected a great deal of acclaim for its spreading.

Oh, and my book passage...

This was disastrously apparent after Iraqi representatives met US Secretary of State James Baker in Geneva on January 9, 1991, in a last minute effort to avert war. Baker clearly warned that the United States would attack Iraq if it did not leave Kuwait. But he said it so calmly that Saddam Hussein's half-brother reported, "The Americans will not attack... they are calm."
From Psychology, by David Myers

Hmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Angelynn said...

You should've done the "I never" game too. LOL When I have absolutely nothing to blog about, but yet I feel the need, I reach to those things.
How is the eHarmony thing going?

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home