Monday, May 30, 2005

At Least The Lesbian Moved Out

Life has been quite a rollercoaster lately.

Some social ups and downs, writing doldrums, work pressures and at times the So Cal heat have taken their toll on me. But in all this, I do have a new mantra:

"At least the lesbian downstairs moved out."

A year and a half ago my car was dented. If it weren't for good old Selma Jenkins, the middle school crossing guard I would have never gotten the facts.

Selma came over to ask if I had noticed my fender dent and I had not. After showing me the damage, she explained that a black truck tried to park beside me, but hit my car. She said a latino man got out, surveyed what he'd done, then reparked his truck around front without leaving a note.

"That's no man," I said.

So the downstairs lesbian played dumb until I told her I had a witness who told me the whole thing. She paid for the damage after dragging her heels for months. Since then, she and I had been shooting glares at each other. And whenever there have been problems in my apartment building, I naturally attributed them to her (which was probably correct).

And so, with life's hectic pace lately, at least the lesbian downstairs moved out. I applaud the other lesbian downstairs for her wise choice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, that doesn't sound like a bad mantra after all. I'm going to have to remember that... although last I knew there weren't any lesbians living in my garage. *shrugs*

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home