Thursday, May 05, 2005

Freedom Tower... Good Idea??

I understand that it's important for the psyche of New York City and our country that we rebuild at the site of the World Trade Center.

But I had not been aware that the new Freedom Tower will be given the title of world's tallest building (however briefly).

Now, I don't want to be a naysayer... and I don't like caving to terrorists... but does a new building on this site have to be the tallest building in the world? And does it have to be called the "Freedom Tower"? Do these things really pay tribute to the victims of 9/11?

Will this building also have a giant cartoon target on the side of it? Because I can't imagine a better way to lure terrorists, short of a written invitation that says "I double dog dare ya to knock this down".

Now before you call me unpatriotic, or give me the oh we can't think that way lecture, please ask yourself this question...

Would you work inside this building??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you, the idots who accepted the proposal for the new Freedom Tower have their heads shoved so far up their (insert explicative) they can't see the fact that it will become the largest terrorist target in the world. Did they not learn something from the attempted bombing of the trade centers, followed by the successful airplane aatacks? Can someone say, 'Duh?'
I don't think it's a good idea to trade the security of New YOrk (and our national economy -- because what happens in NY affect everyone everywhere)for someone's overgrown ego to rebuild. We can show that we can be partiotic without being retarded and blinded by bravado. Leave the area where the Trade Centers once stood empty; nothin gis more fitting a tribute to all those innocent people who died. Rebuild something somewhere else.

Aevetare

12:22 PM  
Blogger Roger L. Sieloff said...

I say build the thing in reverse - make it a mine shaft. Much harder to hit.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home