Thursday, September 09, 2004

Bush Bounces: Chaos Reigns


I have ants in my shower.

They emerged from a crack between the tiles above the shampoo bottles, marched across the hardwood floor to refresh themselves at the cat's water dish before moving on to the garbage. The exceptionally hot weather in LA seems to give them extra numbers for their invasion. At least the ants aren't in my car like they were a few years ago (some sort of cross-promotion with Nissan).

Hurricanes Charley, Frances and now Ivan have blasted Florida in as many weeks... I had a relationship end... I found myself paralyzed in a social quagmire... and I'm still coughing from being sick two weeks ago.

These strange events can only mean one thing: Bush is up in the polls.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's my assertion that the 2000 election of Dubya has opened a hole in the space continuum that must be sealed before the universe collapses. Until either of those things happen, we will continue to see the chaos in nature and life circumstance played out in this metaphor.

I can only hope that I will survive the next 54 days and that I don't wake to find an ant hill in my bathtub.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home